Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hangzhou (03.05.09)






I have arrived in Hangzhou by a night train from Yichang. After I found accommodation relative close to the West Lake Park, I rented a bicycle and went to visit the park. I didn't expect not to be allowed with the bicycle in the park, but I could understand why: there were so many people in the park, would be very annoying for pedestrians. However, I did sneak up on the Sudi causeway, which is a very long street crossing the lake. From place to place I would get off the bicycle and walk around. I was so impressed with the beauty of the park, I was counting my days and trying to see if is possible to spend one more day. The smell of the tree and flowers was so strong it took me a while to stop sneezing. I have to say that this is one of the most beautiful parks I ever seen. There are many different gardens, so many alleys I could probably walk an entire day and still not see anything. There is a big pagoda (Leifeng) I wish I had time to visit. The park is very clean and well maintained. I don't know about the city - I only saw it for short time from the bus - but the park itself is well worth the trip here.

Expenses (Yuan)
bus 2
room 75
dinner 13
food 36
bicycle rental 10

No comments: